[Klug-general] Interactive Websites

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Fri Dec 15 12:10:43 GMT 2006

> Sorry if this felt like a flame, It was not meant as such.

I didn't take it as such, I just think that the recent developments to
advance the web technology, the >redesign< of the web including
javascript2, css2 and XHTML are simple technologies which plug together
in superior ways to HTML 1.1 and javascript 1.2

To rant about it is to not be heard, the technology works and is proven!

The redesign is ongoing and is an evolution of technology, you need to
remember this and stay upto date with changes.

FYI, CSS2 supports fully WAI standards for output including speech
synthesis. This was mentioned as an ongoing thing, but any CSS2
compliant browser on a machine with a speech synthesiser can already do
this (although I'm not sure on the gnome status of WAI with festival)

> I just
> don't think the web sould need every writer for it to achieve and
> entry level of geek before they can put up a well formated page that
> says "Hello World"

http://www.adobe.com/dreamweaver - Works with wine (and supported by
wine-doors)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/frontpage/default.aspx - For heathens

Bluefish, scream, quanta and for _REAL_ men eclipse + phpeclipse +
jseclipse

For those of you who are wondering what I use, I combine, dreamweaver
for layout and styling with eclipse for large volumes of php code and
also jseclipse for javascript and AJAX. I use eclipse and PyDEV for
wine-doors, freevo and other Python code, and eclipse-cdt for gnome-dock
and other C/C++ projects, and for those of you REALLY interested in my
tool chain, I use glade-2 for gtk user interface design, and I'm looking
forward to seeing Glade3 becoming mainstream.

K,