[Klug-general] Hi All, greetings and a laptp enquiry

Matt House matthouse at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Dec 19 21:55:39 GMT 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:51:18 -0000
<alex at asmhosting.com> wrote:

> > Aye indeed I have, I am an MSDN subsciber thanks to my job
>
> Fair do's. Just had alot of people I talk to slagging it off before
> they had even used it (which I object too even if it is Microsoft)

I wholeheartedly agree :)

> > Just because it is a vast improvement over XP doesn't make it *good*
>
> True, but "good" comes down to personal views like anything software
> based :)

again, I agree, I don't try and force my software preferences on other
people (just trying to gently steer them towards open solutions is
all :P)

> > and I object to an OS using >700Mb of RAM while idling, that ram is
> > meant for my applications thanks.
>
> Hum, mine uses way less than that, even with a bunch of emails open in
> outlook, Dreamweaver, Firefox and junk like that. Oh well.

I did think that it was a bit odd, but the other guys in the office who
are running it have reported the same thing. are you using x86 or 64
bit build as that could have something to do with it

> Alex
>
> (Sorry about knocking this OT)

no problems, but if you do have any recommendations/info about any
laptops then let me know ;)

cheers

Matt