[Klug-general] First Virtual Kent LUG Meeting

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 15 14:11:07 BST 2006

IRC is ok but really we were thinking of doing something in more of a
podcast kinda way - thats why we put the agenda together  and are asking
people to bring a topic along, to try and give it a bit more of a structure.

IRC can be really bewildering to newbies. Hopefully by putting the podcast
up on the klug site we can encourage some new members and maybe also help
breathe a bit of life into the mailing lists and forum - if only to hurl
abuse at us :-).

That said i still think that a dedicated IRC channel for the KLUG could be a
good thing to help us support each other on a day to day basis- or perhaps
for friendlyness an always on instant messegning session.

As for the non freeness of skype I agree totally, but skype is the only
thing at the moment that will let us do what we want and it's easy to
install and use.