[Klug-general] Re: Rochester Meet

Rob Snow snow.rob at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:46:11 BST 2006

.  Problem is I
> can't seem to work out how to transfer files to the KnoppMyth box.
> Looks like I have a lot of reading ahead of me setting up Samba on it.
>  Luckily I remember the SSH stuff people showed me at the Rochester
> meeting

Hi Colin

This might be what you need

scp /local/directory/ root at 192.168.x.y:/remote/directory/
 or
 scp /local/directory/file root at 192.168.x.y:/remote/directory/file

 PLEASE NOTE The Colon after the ip adddress is VITAL

or if you have Konqueror on one of the boxes try "fishing"

 First, you'll need to start up the Konqueror file manager. If you're
running KDE as your desktop (pardon the redundancy). 'fish' is a
protocol, like 'http', so in the address field you type the following
to connect to the remote computer:

fish://username@computer_name-or-host ip address

Hope this helps

Rob