[Klug-general] eSATA

Stuart Buckland stuart at nightime.org.uk
Fri Jun 9 17:41:01 BST 2006

Seeing as we have lots of people working in different areas I thought I
might pick some brains...

Has anyone come across a reasonably priced, dumb eSATA drive enclosure
capable of holding at least 5 drives?

Controllers with eSATA connectors seem to be a bit thin on the ground
but I should be able to find one well supported under Linux.

The trouble I'm having is finding a JBOD enclosure which can hold more
than 2 drives which sports eSATA.

I've found plenty that hold just 2 drives for around £100-£200.  I've
also found 5 drive capacity enclosures with eSATA but also USB/firewire,
in-board RAID and a host of other functions I don't want in the region
of £1500.  I haven't, as yet, had any luck finding something in the
middle.

Just wondering if anybody has across something in their travels.

Stu

--
Stuart Buckland <stuart at nightime.org.uk>