[Klug-general] the future of KLUG

karl at digital-end.com karl at digital-end.com
Tue Jan 16 15:49:10 GMT 2007

A few of my points...

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:35:45 +0000, "james snyder" <james.snyder at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> will KLUG arrange and host presentations for Linux users? if so, where in
> Kent? Rochester?

I hope so and I'm happy to help out any way I can.

> how often and where will KLUG members meet up in the pub in Maidstone /
> Canterbury / Kent?

It looks like Maidstone will be monthly?

> Will KLUG have any informal conferences or round table discussions to
> present hot Linux related topics in a structured way? will these
> conferences be online or offline?
>
> who else could give formal presentations?

I'm quite happy too, assuming an appropriate topic can be found!

> could KLUG provide computer help to any kentish schools and non-profit
> organizations (and in return get a regular venue)?

Again - happy to help if this is possible, especially if it could help us to get a venue near Maidstone.

As for finding somewhere with good public transport - this is being made especially difficult by the latest trains from many stations being quite early. Eg: On Friday the latest train out of Maidstone (to Tonbridge) was 9.30. The last train from Canterbury up to north Kent & London is 9.15. This is a good argument for having smaller, more localised meetings, but of course it fractures KLUG.

Karl Buckland