[Klug-general] the future of KLUG

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 16:03:56 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 09:49 -0600, karl at digital-end.com wrote:
> As for finding somewhere with good public transport - this is being made especially difficult by the latest trains from many stations being quite early. Eg: On Friday the latest train out of Maidstone (to Tonbridge) was 9.30. The last train from Canterbury up to north Kent & London is 9.15. This is a good argument for having smaller, more localised meetings, but of course it fractures KLUG.

Unless we have "regional" meetings once a month with a KLUG Meet every
three/six months?

I'm thinking along the lines of having meetings in places like
Thanet/Canterbury, Dover, Rochester, Dartford and Maidstone (does that
about cover everywhere?) once a month, then either each area takes it in
turn to host a meeting every three months or we pick a central venue and
go there instead.

What do people think?  It wouldn't be "fractured", just in smaller
communities communicating their ideas/discussions to the rest of the LUG
on the mailing list.

The only issue I've got with this is that the letters W.I. keep coming
into my head as I'm writing this out.  Obviously I've been forced to
watch "Jam and Jerusalem" too many times... :)

Cheers,

Matt