[Klug-general] the future of KLUG

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 21:59:14 GMT 2007

Margot wrote:

> Should KLUG abandon all pretence of serving the whole enormous county
> of Kent, change its name to East Kent LUG to reflect the fact that it
> concentrates all its activities in East Kent and does nothing at all
> in West Kent, and leave us (if there's anybody other than me!) in West
> Kent to set up our own group, mailing list etc?
Not enough membership to form small groups. Case in point being the
Thanet LUG.

> Kent is simply too big to be covered by one group. Hold meetings at
> one of the far extreme edges of Kent, and people from the other
> extreme won't be able to get there, hold meetings centrally and people
> from both extreme edges will have difficulty. We're all busy people,
> and nobody wants to attend meetings where the travelling time is
> longer than the meeting itself - it's ridiculous to expect anybody to
> make a 100 mile round trip just to attend a LUG meeting!
That's Kent. Perhaps more frequent local meets like the pub, virtual and
larger big meets could happen. I had thought that a single large meet
once a quater would be a bigger puller but knew to kick things off it
had to start with monthly.

> A Dartford venue was suggested - and I see it's been pencilled in for
> the meetings in March, June & September - but we don't seem to have
> any details of the venue on the website. And it's not exactly
> convenient for members from Dover & Thanet!
I will be booking the venue shortly.

--
Kevin Groves                               VAT No: 776 2747 86
http://www.ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk   Tel/Fax: 01304 210153