[Klug-general] Klug Plans

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 18:57:34 GMT 2007

>From todays meet,

Did not really get any further discussing the Tesco Linux PCs I think this
is a blind allay really.

I think the best way forward is to start organising some large linux events
in Kent and getting more people evolved.

To do this I would surgest we need more venues than just Dover, Dartford,
There was some comment of a Ashford venue. we really need to think about
reviving a Medway venue again, so we can cover the whole county properly.

I would suggest we start trying to organise this early 2008.

Maybe we ought to start a regularly time on IRC when as many people will be
there probably once a week. Hence reiving the virutual meets without making
them to complicated which is what the skype did really. IE keep it simple!

I would also surgest that we plan a series of install fests next
spring/summer maybe with Ubuntu 8.04LTS cds once they are out.....

Have to think about advertising if we organise big events with the
neighbouring lugs know and we don't clash ie Gllug, Sussex etc Maybe we
ought to think about stalls at Computer fairs and other large events eg the
County Show and Dickens festival etc.

All worth thinking about.....

Maybe we need a large Penguin Outfit to turn on Christmas Lights and walk
down high streets on a Saturday morning.... Or maybe that was the £200
toaster running linux :) .....

Peter Childs
Now what was that emulator that someone suggested at the meet?