[Klug-general] Information

Jonathan Gill jonathan.gill at securecirt.com
Tue Oct 2 15:18:03 BST 2007

Hi Richard

Congrats on both the 59th birthday and wanting to see more of whats under the hood!

Ubuntu does hide most things, very well.  Some areas I would suggest are online books, things like the Network Administrators Guide (NAG) for the networking (see http://www.faqs.org/docs/linux_network/ ) Although this is a bit out of date it will give you the grounding you seek.  Also a quick google for System Administrator's guide linux would turn up http://tldp.org/LDP/sag/ as the fist hit, which is another really good reference (although a little dated again).

Other than those two. Any linux system (or unix system) admin book would be a good start, but personally I would tend to start with the free ones!

Also don't forget this mailing list.  Im sure everyone would be happy to answer questions you have.

Regards

Jonathan (In Singapore, which is far to far from Ashford, unfortunately)
--
Jonathan Gill
http://www.securecirt.com/