[Klug-general] The desktop, the future...

Twigathy twigathy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:28:02 UTC 2008

<snippety-snip>

> Desktop icons. What is the point of them? To find them, you have to
> move or minimise the applications you're already using.

I have disabled desktop icons on my XFCE install, as well as the
panels which show the applications which are currently running. Oh,
and also the minimise button on the windows, along with all the other
useless buttons. Only maximise and close remain, and even that sees
very little use. And of course focus follows mouse, with raise after a
short period.