[Klug-general] Where in the world?

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 21 15:00:01 UTC 2010

I'd feel inclined to seek out the store Manager, and ask if he wants the offender reported to Trading Standards?
It is an offence in law to give false information to consumers
Local Authority Trading Standards Officers will often follow up a complaint by trying the same question on a later occasion, to see if things have improved or whether they'll need to threaten legal action
To be honest, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Trading Standards aren't 1/2 to blame in allowing 'Microshaft' type advertising to exist in 1st instance
I mean, does anyone know for sure that they know what Open Source Software actually is, or how to use it???
Perhaps KLUG as a team could approach some computer stores and see if they'd agree to an 'Open Source Try Out Day - With hourly demos' ??
Any volunteers/anyone think it's a bad idea?

Aitch