[Klug-general] Mail Servers

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Fri Dec 17 13:47:10 UTC 2010

On 17/12/10 12:08, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

>> I stopped doing this about 5 years ago as more and more of the mail was
>> getting rejected due to the fixed ip I was using not being a "certified"
>> mail server.....
>
> That sounds like you were sending to one of the freemail providers.  I'd
> mostly ignore that.

BT Yahoo are a nightmare for that, but if you need to send to those sort
of addresses you can do conditional routing, so addresses at the
freemail providers are routed via you ISP, and the rest goes direct.
That might get round your mail volume problem.

In Postfix that's transport maps, other MTAs I'm not sure.

As said, DNS A and reverse records that resolve to each other and SPF
will help.

Regards,

LS
--