[Klug-general] Faversham LUG anyone?

Jake Subs subs at growdigital.net
Wed Feb 3 15:07:09 UTC 2010

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and support, much appreciated.

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 12:49 +0000, Colin McCarthy wrote:
> I think a separate FLUG setup would be a waste of resources and time.
> I think a better idea would be to (if you have a meeting location)
> have Faversham as a dedicated training location run by willing KLUG
> members.

My point is that that these "micro LUGs" would be like satellites to the
main regional LUG -- the idea being to increase the takeup of GNU/Linux
and Free Software generally using a very local buddy system, which would
then feed into an enriched regional LUG.

Asking people with a possible/vague interest to travel 30-45 minutes to
a KLUG meeting with experts can be intimidating (no matter how they
friendly they are!). If you make the access **local**, then the entry
point will be lower and the uptake _should_ be higher.

On the point of a dedicated training location, I'd be interested in that
as well.

I'll give the FLUG a test flight anyways and see how it goes!!

cheers, Jake