[Klug-general] Baffled by Kubuntu networking

Peter Apps peter at sheppey.free-online.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 18:35:33 UTC 2010

Static networking on Kubuntu is a pig. It'll keep changing you back to
the settings it wants.

I removed network manager and after trying another manager which
couldn't handle hidden SSIDs wrote my own script based on ifconfig.
iwconfig and route. I installed knemo to monitor my network connection.

Peter