[Klug-general] Ubuntu Branding

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 13:40:11 UTC 2010

On 7 March 2010 13:12, Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Over all I like the ubuntu theme, but I do worry that it's just to mac-ish
> and the window controls being on the left is just crazy.

Mac users have coped with them being on the left without major
difficulty for years!

This thread reminds me of the discussion I had with one of our
consultants over IM Friday night in our data centre; after much
discussion we agreed on:

Home machine - Fedora.
Relatives you build machines for (Mum and sister in my case) - Ubuntu.
Servers - CentOS (Or RH if someone else is paying).
Laptop - MacOSX.

We initially disagreed on the latter, but then I mentioned the MacBook
Air and how everything 'just works' unlike any PC laptop I have ever
tried.

Ben