[Klug-general] MythTV and FreeSat

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 11 11:42:23 UTC 2010

> >The content on the BBC is by far the best content of them all, the
> production >quality is just superior.

and why is that content superior? becuase it's funded by the people for the
people and without the need to be commercial

> >Irony of it all? in Utrecht we get the 4 main BBC channels, and without
> >having a tv license to pay...  Really does feel like a tax in the UK tho.
>
> >that people opt to just get things from our friends in Sweden.
>
> Here's an idea for all people putting out this argument. Why not look on
the license as a month subscription? You can even use that argument to
legitmise to yourselfs the downloading programs from all the various other
services. and if you realy don't want to pay then don't, but all stop using
the services.

As i see it unless you don't have a tv, listen to bbc radio or consume bbc
content in any way other then dvds you have legitmatly bought, then you
shouldn't really be complaining.