[Klug-general] To Dan regarding apology and response to Bash/Curl advice

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 18:49:59 UTC 2011

On 15/04/11 18:23, George Prowse wrote:

> Also, to anyone whose mail client creates a different thread if the
> subject is changed: get a better client. It shouldn't matter when the
> subject says.
>
> Damn, I was so tempted to change the Subject in this :)

My reader, I believe, uses the in-reply-to and references fields from
the header like most recent ones.  However I respect those who user an
older reader.

In fact I think it makes some sense for the sender's application to
disregard those fields if the user changes the subject, effectively
starting a new thread.