[Klug-general] How rude!

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:58:49 UTC 2011

> I've just installed some windoze software (including the Access 2010
> runtime) to my VirtualBox-hosted XP and it popped a very bald message 'This
> software will not run on a virtual machine'.

when I read this this morning it didn't seem right - a virtual machine after
all should appear any different to the OS then a physical one. So I've just
tested it.

I downloaded the latest access runtime from:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=10910

and the sample database from:
   http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21733

I then installed them to Windows XP SP 3 32bit with all the latest updates
running in Virtualbox 4.0.12

the access runtime installed and ran the runtime perfectly and let me open
and play with the database.