[Klug-general] Kent Socials

james snyder snyder.webmaster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 21:49:54 UTC 2011

Having recently met a fellow KLUGGER in Folkestone and having mutually
lamented the difficulty in attending Saturday technical meetings, I would
now like to put forward a proposal to re-ignite the KLUG socials. We could
meet up say on a Friday (?) about four times per year, to meet in person our
fellow members who are spread over the somewhat wide area of Kent. Actually
the *“Weatherspoons”* Society rooms have often been a rather good venue by
virtue of their cask ale, low prices, long opening hours, WiFi, and no music
policy, but Maidstone has proven difficult to get to for some members. So...
could someone on our mailing list perhaps recommend some sort of new social
venue for us (a banquet room in an oriental restaurant that serves *Geeka
Masala*? or a Hotel lobby?) that could provide us with opportunities for us
to socialize? As for location, are the most easily reached central locations
in the county Ashford or Rochester? Do you have any ideas on a location for
KLUG socials?
Jim/Linux/Maidstone