[Klug-general] Kent Socials

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 02:31:50 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 21:44, james snyder wrote:
> Having recently met a fellow KLUGGER in Folkestone and having mutually
> lamented the difficulty in attending Saturday technical meetings, I
> would now like to put forward a proposal to re-ignite the KLUG socials.
> We could meet up say on a Friday (?) about four times per year, to meet
> in person our fellow members who are spread over the somewhat wide area
> of Kent. Actually the /“Weatherspoons”/ Society rooms have often been a
> rather good venue by virtue of their cask ale, low prices, long opening
> hours, WiFi, and no music policy, but Maidstone has proven difficult to
> get to for some members. So... could someone on our mailing list perhaps
> recommend some sort of new social venue for us (a banquet room in an
> oriental restaurant that serves /Geeka Masala/? or a Hotel lobby?) that
> could provide us with opportunities for us to socialize? As for
> location, are the most easily reached central locations in the county
> Ashford or Rochester? Do you have any ideas on a location for KLUG socials?
> Jim/Linux/Maidstone

People should meet up as much as possible but trying to push a nature
towards assimilation will end in failure primarily because of the size
of kent.

Maidstone is good as it is virtually in the middle. Folkstone is good
for those in the south, Medway is good for those in the north

At the ens of the day we are still missing the point of "if we have a
*big* meeting "$foo" is the best place.... (Although it seems like
everyone knows someone at Maplestone Noakes)