[Klug-general] Recent posts to KLUG

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 19:48:57 UTC 2011

All very true. The LUG did originally have a committee or rather it was
a part of one of the original hosting group we were with. That committee
went away when I broke from them, perhaps I should have kept the idea
going but not enough members at the time.

I think it would benefit from having more structure as I know what you
two guys have to go through,  it was too much for one (me), its a lot
for two (you two) so more hands will help. But it needs to be a little
more formal I think, people then know who to properly contact, what
areas various people are responsible for. OK it shouldn't get to the
point where its like being at work, we are doing this for fun, but there
needs to be structure to make things move and for decision making et.

The number of members I don't know any more but there should be enough
to form one and make it work. If those of us who want to sort out local
events then lets do it. I am willing to step back up and sort a local
one out. I will post three root messages for the areas I am prepared to
work in. If one or better still more can run then there is hope.

And echoing Dan, come on everyone, this will only work if we all muck
in. Don't mind if some can't really spare the time but we either want
this LUG or not.

Thanks