[Klug-general] Cloning a Debian LAMP stack inside Hyper-V

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Mon May 23 08:08:17 UTC 2011

> What approaches or other strategies would you recommend for cloning a
> live LAMP stack server system that resides in a MS Hyper-Visor
> Virtualization system?
>
> Thanks. Jim.

You could always just copy over the network everything from / and then just
change network config etc... and see if you can then boot off that. No idea
how Hyper-Visor works but I know that using VM Ware I was able to just copy
and paste the virtual machine files into a new directory.

I did some work with virtualbox-ose over the weekend and found that
surprisingly difficult to move virtual machines around in.