[Klug-general] Re-branding the L in LUG

Paul Lawrence paul.z.lawrence at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 12 15:04:45 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I agree with Tom. And would thank anyone and everyone who is courageous enough to own and
organise an event. I am one of the many semi-lurkers and I am always stunned at the skill, expertise and talent that attends meetings. Also, as a Linux-novice listening to you gurus I am also one of those who really doesn't know what they
don't know.

But I'm not sure I have seen answers
to WHO or WHAT?
+ who is the target audience? College/University or man-in-street?

+ do we have a clear view of what a revamped KLUG is
attempting to achieve? Can it be focused up the technical chain and down the technical chain at the same time?

If we intend some kind of re-lauch,
that implies increased commitment to publicise, support and demonstrate to a wider audience at more venues. Maybe even subscription! Is that what KLUG
members will support - 'cos increased commitment will need more active people. For instance, if your audience is the man-in-the-street, a demo to rebuild or dual-boot a PC using a live-CD?

Peter Childs wrote some objectives. Do
people agree with them?

All I can add is that I didn't start it.

Paul