[Klug-general] Re-branding the L in LUG

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Wed Oct 12 16:13:24 UTC 2011

On 12 October 2011 16:04, Paul Lawrence <paul.z.lawrence at btinternet.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  I agree with Tom. And would thank anyone and everyone who is courageous
> enough to own and organise an event. I am one of the many semi-lurkers and I
> am always stunned at the skill, expertise and talent that attends meetings.
> Also, as a Linux-novice listening to you gurus I am also one of those who
> really doesn't know what they don't know.
>
>  But I'm not sure I have seen answers to WHO or WHAT?
> + who is the target audience? College/University or man-in-street?
> + do we have a clear view of what a revamped KLUG is attempting to achieve?
> Can it be focused up the technical chain and down the technical chain at the
> same time?
>
> If we intend some kind of re-lauch, that implies increased commitment to
> publicise, support and demonstrate to a wider audience at more venues. Maybe
> even subscription! Is that what KLUG members will support - 'cos increased
> commitment will need more active people. For instance, if your audience is
> the man-in-the-street, a demo to rebuild or dual-boot a PC using a live-CD?
>
>  Peter Childs wrote some objectives. Do people agree with them?
>
> All I can add is that I didn't start it.

Yes Please do.

What was right a few years ago is not always right now, we have to stick
with the times and move on, partially in IT. However that does not belittle
the work Colin and others have done in the past.

The aim with KLUG has always been to get as many evolved as possible, and if
you have ideas we want to hear them!

Peter.