[Klug-general] January Klug Meet

Peter Childs PChilds at bcs.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 19:16:57 UTC 2012

On 13 January 2012 17:34, James Morris <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So is this month's meet going to be on Sat 28th at ICMP Medway then?

Don't know, I thought someone else was planning someone else was going to
organise something in Dover, as we've had so many meets in Medway of late,
As it is I'm going to have the chicken out, weekends seam to have got
hecktick partially with it being my son's 5th birthday the previous
Wednesday....

oh It's ICM which not ICMP Medway, ICMP is a separate group (ICM Prototype)
who also meet at the ICM, ICM Medway is another of these repeat-vie names
(Innovation Centre Medway Medway)

> With Dan doing a show and tell, and myself doing a talk/demo of Jack?

More talks than we have had for ages!

> BTW, do I need to do anything to hook my PC up to a projector? Any
> software I should install or configurations to prepare?

Not really, Projectors will either duplicate what is on your main screen or
come up as a second display depending on what your machine fees like.

> I'm not familiar with any presentation software either but hit upon
> the idea of using Fluxbox's ability to add a directory of images into
> its menu for setting background wallpapers :-)...

Should work.

> I don't suppose that the projector would have 1680x1050? ...  Eeek...
> Ummm. What do they project? Is it like having a second monitor?
> Totally clueless.

Might work, just make sure its set to 60Hz some projectors dislike high
refresh rates..... Generally most 4x3 resolutions work but it depends on
the projector!

Peter.