[Klug-general] H Drive mount

Rich klug-mail at richayres2.plus.com
Tue Jan 31 16:27:33 UTC 2012

Hi All
I have been having trouble in mounting a newly installed Hard drive. I
have edited /etc/fstab and the disc's (I know CLI etc require the Yankee
spelling -disk-but outside of that I spell in English) UUID, mount point
etc.
When I boot up I get the Message " Drive may be slow to respond or not
present" and gives the option of mounting manually.
  mount /mnt /dev/hdb1 is successful and I can access the contents of
the drive with ls /mnt so disc does exist and will mount O.K.
Is there anything else I should be doing? As you know my machines are
old but I have never had this problem before even with this disc on
another box. Any suggestions please?
    Rich