[Klug-general] H Drive mount

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:45:55 UTC 2012

Just some quick sanity checks (don't take them personally):

   1. This message comes from when Linux is booting and not the BIOS
   booting.
   2. The BIOS set-up on the machine recognises the disk.
   3. If possible S.M.A.R.T. checking is enables and hasn't fired any
   errors for the disk (possible with old disks).
   4. All physical connections have been given the usual extra wiggle/push
   to tighten.

A couple of pointers/questions:

   1. What distribution are you using?
   2. Have you configured the disks to be checked at boot time? (See
   pass-num: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fstab )
   3. What is the file system being used? (EXT3/EXT4 etc...)
   4. At what point/which application/process/log gives that error message?