[Lincs] Retail Centre

Keith Marshall keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 16 22:36:06 UTC 2008

On Saturday 15 November 2008 22:49:54 Chris Adams wrote:
> Lets just forget this.
> Ok I'm sorry really.

Thank you, Chris.  This is what we needed, to finally draw a line
under this.

> No English is not my fifth language.

No, I did think that was a rather improbable claim.

> Yes Keith you owned me. :)

I don't understand; I do not `own' you, and never have.

> Yes keith your better than me:

I didn't say that.  You are younger, and likely more impetuous than I,
and you could probably benefit from learning some humility, but I am
sure that you do have strengths which I lack, just as I will be
stronger than you, in other respects.

> Honestly, I'm a 16 year old studying a-level maths, further maths,
> ict and physics.

I sincerely wish you the best in your studies, and in the examinations
in which they will culminate; substitute chemistry for ICT, and you
have the subjects I myself studied for my own A-Levels, 36 years ago.

> I am too lazy to spell check my words.

Given your subject choice for study, it seems likely that you will one
day seek professional employment.  I would strongly recommend that
you change this attitude, for prospective employers will not be
impressed by poor communications skills, of which a careless attitude
to spelling is a certain give-away.  Use a spell checker.  If your
e-mail client doesn't support one, find a better client; (KMail does
it for me, although its insistence on American English spelling is
rather irritating).

> I find it a little sad some people cant take jokes ...

I find it rather sad that some people seem to think offensiveness
might be considered amusing.  The distinction is something which you
apparently still need to learn.

Regards,
Keith.