[linux-sec-uk] Linux Backup Solutions: Amanda, Bacula etc.

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 10:10:31 BST 2003

This isn't going to be appropriate for most people, but IBM TSM (Tivoli
Storage Manager - previously known by various other names as IBM
internal politics changes round) works very nicely on Linux.

I understand Oxford Uni have been using TSM to back up their systems,
including Linux, for a number of years.

TSM is a mainframe derived backup and archive solution, so it looks a
little strange at first, however it does work extremely well.  Both
clients and servers are available on Linux now, although I have not as
yet run a Linux TSM server.

Its not a free solution.  Nowhere near.  Its a good product though.

	Nigel.