[linuxjobs] Computer Systems Support/Web Developer (London)

Alex Owen r.a.owen at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Nov 2 12:19:42 UTC 2010

We have an opening for a Computer Systems Support/Web Developer
at Queen Mary, University of London in the School of Physics.

This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make a significant
contribution to the IT provision within the School of Physics.

We run an HP switched network with Debian GNU/Linux, Mac and Windows
desktops supported by Debian servers. There is currently a drive to
improve our website and so this post is looking for web skills along
with system administration skills.

On a day to day basis this post will work alongside our existing
Departmental Computer Systems Manager, who looks after computing
resources for the Theoretical Physics and Condensed Matter Physics
research groups and general departmental computing. The Particle
Physics research group have a team of 4 IT staff who work closely with
the departmental IT staff. I'm one of the 4 Particle Physics IT staff
and an FOSS enthusiast.

For official details and application instructions please see the attached pdf
and follow these links:

http://www.hr.qmul.ac.uk/vacancies
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ABV672/computer-systems-support-web-developer/

** PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO ME **
Dr Richard Alexander Owen	           Physicist/Programmer

Queen Mary, University of London
School of Physics