[linuxjobs] Seeking Linux/Network Engineer (London, W1)

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Sat Aug 27 07:09:35 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded message from "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler at tolaris.com> -----

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:15:20 +0100
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler at tolaris.com>
To: UK Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: [ubuntu-uk] Seeking Linux/Network Engineer

Sorry if this is unwelcome.

We're looking for a new Linux/Network Engineer at my company. This is a
junior position. We're looking for someone enthusiastic about Linux, who
has experience in general administration tasks, is comfortable on the
command line, and who has a good understanding of IP networking. Full
description attached.

One benefit: we run *only* Ubuntu Linux on the desktop. Do you want to work
for a place where you never have to see Windows?

Please reply to jobs at talia.net.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Always hold your sales meetings in rooms too small for the audience,
even if it means holding them in the WC. 'Standing room only' creates an

LINUX NETWORK ENGINEER, LONDON W1

Talia Ltd, a top provider of satellite Internet and voice services, seeks a Linux Network Engineer for our Operations Centre in London, UK.

Candidates should have:
Good Linux system administration skills.
Experience managing common Open-Source server packages, such as Apache, MySQL, Postfix, BIND, and OpenSSH.
Specific experience with OpenVPN, Quagga, Asterisk, BackupPC, MySQL clustering, load balancing / failover systems and Ubuntu Linux a plus.
Fluency in spoken and written English.
Good grasp of TCP/IP networking.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to work pro actively.
Must be a quick learner.

Job duties include:
Commissioning, management, and support of enterprise servers, desktops, and networks.
Interface into project-level proposals and implementation of best-fit solutions.
Interoperability testing, certification, and documentation.
Procedure and form development.

Salary depending on experience.
A degree is helpful, but not required.
Occasional travel to our offices in Germany and the Middle East required.
This position will form part of our core engineering team.
Talia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Find our more about Talia at http://www.talia.net
Apply by email: jobs at talia.net

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com