[linuxjobs] Linux Sysadmin required in Theale, Berkshire

Matt Judge matt at axia.org.uk
Tue Dec 20 09:55:50 UTC 2011

Stephen,

Some of us here are happy to see jobs without caring whether it includes this and that.  If the role looks interesting, I will chase the poster for further information should further information be required, as I am sure other genuinely interested people would too.

As for the others, if they don't like it, why don't they f*ck off somewhere else, because at this rate, with all their constant whining, this list is becoming pointless.

Matt.

On 20 Dec 2011, at 09:06, Stephen O'Neill wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm currently writing a job spec which I would like to post on here but I'm quite put off doing so by my perception that, recently, posts put on here by a company (or agency) with a vacancy have then been followed up by a flurry of "tut, you didn't include X, Y, Z information"-eqsue comments.
>
> Even the prospect that I might post my vacancy and then be followed up with a thorough assessment of my website's compliance with EU legislation on contact details makes me a tad reticent - even if the follow up comments are wholly valid and offered in good faith.
>
> As a potential vacancy poster this doesn't conspire to make this list feel like an inviting place to post up an advert whereas it once was, and indeed I have posted on here in the past: but perhaps that just means if I am the kind of employer who is put off by this then I shouldn't be posting to this community, which is of course perfectly valid.
>
> However, I suspect that the consequence of putting people off communicating positions to each is unintentional - in which case perhaps we should take these discussions off-list.
>
> Alasdair's suggestion that the posting guidelines are updated to request including information like salary rather than mandating it seems eminently sensible to me. Equally, if there isn't already, a separate list for this kind of discussion might be appropriate so as to avoid putting off potential employers.
>
> Stephen

Help the British Heart Foundation by Sponsoring me to ride.
http://www.justgiving.com/TheJudge