[linuxjobs] Linux Systems Administrator - Stevenage

Robert Campbell robert.campbell at advantage-interactive.com
Tue Mar 15 15:03:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

LCN (http://www.lcn.com) are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator
to join a successful hosting and internet services company. The role
involves maintaining and enhancing both our core business systems and
shared hosting platforms as well as networks and firewalls.

This is an opportunity to join a small team with a very wide remit and
will present new and different challenges every day.

We have over 50,000 shared hosting customers and are looking for someone
with experience of managing web and mail servers in a shared hosting
environment.

Required skills:

# Strong Linux systems administration skills.

# Good TCP/IP networking knowledge.

# Ability to understand and write shell and Perl scripts.

# Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar RDBMS.

# Experience of Apache, Exim, Bind (or similar).

# Ability to learn how existing systems operate, and to diagnose and fix
bugs in them.

# Understanding of SNMP, Nagios or similar monitoring technologies.

Desired skills:

# Experience of configuring CISCO switches (IOS)
# Experience of Cisco, Fortigate, Linux or BSD firewalls

Salary is up to £35k depending on experience.

Please contact me directly if interested in this position.

Robert.