[linuxjobs] Acunu: Infrastructure/Test Engineer (Linux, Cassandra, Big Data)

Sam Brown sbrown at acunu.com
Fri Feb 24 09:21:44 UTC 2012

Headquarted near London's Silicon Roundabout, Acunu (http://www.acunu.com)
is a fast growing startup re-engineering the Linux storage stack from the
ground-up for Big Data applications. The 1980s assumptions that many of
today's databases and file systems rely on are no longer appropriate for
modern machine architectures, storage technology and Big Data applications.
Acunu combines an open, fast, flexible in-kernel storage engine based on
patented algorithms along with a powerful management stack and web
interface for scale-out deployment and cluster management. Acunu is
currently mainly used to power Cassandra and an S3-compatible store.

Acunu was founded in 2009 and is backed by some of Europe's top VC funds.
We currently have a world-class team of 30 and we're looking for the
brightest, smartest people who want to make a difference. We pride
ourselves on being a startup that does both world-class research (we
publish and patent) and real-world product engineering. We offer great
salaries, a benefits package including share options and a stimulating and
fun environment.  For more information, visit www.acunu.com

The Role
As an Infrastructure / Test Engineer you will be joining our Infrastructure
& QA team responsible for designing, building and operating our engineering
infrastructure. We operate complex systems to manage, build, stress and
performance test our codebase and releases, in our own datacenter and on
public clouds. Product quality is extremely important to us: we automate
everything we can to make the product supremely robust and see the test
engineering function as an important and challenging role within the team.
The potential to pick up new languages and tools quickly with an eye for
detail is more important than formal QA experience. Strong technical skills
and great communication skills are both equally important.

Key Responsibilities
- Take ownership for development and testing of our build system, test
system, performance testing suite and other tools
- Enhance and operate the test infrastructure, including locally hosted and
co-located hardware, locally hosted VMs and EC2 instances
- Own and develop the product installer and other product deployment
software
- Support our Linux and Mac company desktop infrastructure
- Provide advice and support to developers on architecting tests, analysing
and reporting on test coverage and make recommendations on ways to expand
coverage
- Support and configure the base OS and build system – package up first and
third party code and upstream security fixes

Skills and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- A good understanding of data structure design and concurrency
- Familiarity using and administering Linux environments, including shell
scripting
- Prior experience with automated testing and QA processes is desirable but
not essential
- Experience programming with Java, C, Python, Perl, Bash or OCaml would be
desirable
- Great verbal and written communication skills with people of varying
levels of technical expertise

Salary is negotiable, plus share options, benefits and 25 days holiday.

To apply, or for more information, please email jobs at acunu.com.

--
Sam Brown
Operations Manager | Acunu | http://www.acunu.com |