[linuxjobs] Technical Support Engineer Vacancy

Kelly Taylor kelly.taylor at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 13:27:39 UTC 2012

Sirius currently have a vacancy in our support team. The role is based
at our head office in Weybridge, Surrey. The hours are 9.30am until 6pm,
Monday to Friday.

Our Support Engineers provide comprehensive telephone/web/e-mail/chat
technical and application support to Sirius customers. You are expected
to be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations;
have strong analytic, organizational, time management, and communication
skills; thrive in a team environment; and possess the willingness to do
whatever it takes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction. You will
interact with development and project teams to investigate and resolve
issues.

The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

    * analyse, track and resolve customer issues in a professional,
      timely manner
    * identify any security upgrades that are necessary and communicate
      them to customers
    * maintain and update web based support documentation
    * use monitoring software to identify potential support issues

Requirements:

    * Experience working with Open Source technologies
    * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    * Outstanding interpersonal and telephone skills
    * Strong problem solving skills
    * Ability to function and thrive in a team environment
    * Energetic, with a strong desire to succeed
    * Strong customer service background would be ideal

If you are interested in applying then please send your CV to
kelly.taylor at siriusit.co.uk or call 0870 608 0063.

Kind regards

Kelly

--