[linuxjobs] Support Engineer & Technical Architect vacancy at Sirius

Kelly Taylor kelly.taylor at siriusopensource.com
Thu Jan 16 08:58:57 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Sirius is an open source services company with clients such as
Specsavers, Shell, BT, Food Standards Agency, GDS and many more
including Government departments.
Since the launch of G Cloud we are seeing a huge uptake of open source
products and we are winning some very large infrastructure projects.
This has lead to us needing to recruit again for a full time role at our
office in Weybridge.
The Technical Architect role is to participate in our project work,
ensuring that we deliver high quality work for every customer. You may
be required to participate in onsite workshops to help identify customer
needs.
We are looking for someone who has a varying range of skills in
different open source technologies. We primarily work with technologies
such as OpenLDAP, Samba, Squid, Cyrus, Exim, PostgreSQL, Drupal and Solr.
We take on small projects such as building a LAMP stack to full on back
end migration projects.
You must be clam under pressure, organised and self motivated.
Salary is dependent on experience.

We are also recruiting for a full time support engineer. This role is
based onsite at our Weybridge office and is Monday-Friday.
You must have good Linux sys admin skills and experience in a similar
role would be ideal. You will be part of our 24/7 support team so you
need to be good at working with others to reach a solution.
Customer service is critical to our business so you have to good written
and verbal communication.
You would be dealing with incoming support issues, responding to
monitoring alerts, maintaining our customers systems and assisting with
project work during quiet periods.
Salary is dependent on experience.

Please e mail kelly.taylor at siriusit.co.uk to apply. You must be eligible
to work in the UK. We do not have the facility to sponsor any workers.
Remote working will not be considered for these positions.

Kind regards

Kelly