[linuxjobs] Ubuntu / Canonical Hiring

Rory Campbell-Lange rory at campbell-lange.net
Thu Mar 4 13:39:11 UTC 2021

On 04/03/21, Paul Feakins (paul at antropy.co.uk) wrote:
> Bit harsh, Canonical is a business like any other and has a responsibility
> not to overpay / waste money which means taking account of local market
> rates where appropriate.

I'm intrigued by this point, particularly in the "remote-by-default"
world we are living in at present, in most places at least.

If I get a job in London and then move to Johannesburg, should I have a
cut in salary if I'm doing the same work?

Equally, why would a company offer different salary rates for the same
expertise, experience and communication skills based on where the
potential recruit is located?