[Lust] Is there anybody out there?

jean john.pavan at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 27 18:14:53 BST 2004

Dylan the Hippy Wabbit wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm a new member of this list, and I'm a little perturbed that there's
>been no traffic in the couple of weeks since I joined.  Is it dead?
>
>How about this to get some discussion going?
>
>Does anyone have much experience of getting 3D acceleration to work on an
>ATI R128 display?  Mine runs, but is very likely to hang after an
>unpredictable time.  I'm running a late Debian Sarge snapshot with XFree86
>4.3, and a 2.4.24 kernel on a Duron 700mhz and SIS735 motherboard.  There
>are no clues in the logs afterwards.
>
>TIS

Hi

I've to say I' haven't seen too much traffic either

anyway, back to your problem.

ATI is not very well supported in Linux, compared to Nvidia.
I had so many issues with my r128 I changed it for a Nvidia model.
SInce then, no more issues in graphics
That's probably not the kind of answers you're after, it's just my
experience.

john