[Malvern] Slackware

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 09:43:23 GMT 2003

Hi Again

On a different note I emailed Pat Volkerding ceo of Slackware to thank him for keeping the distro clean and unix like, within minutes I had a reply.
Thought I'd share this with you as it embodies the sentiment of Slackware Linux.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, phil wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just thanks. I first installed Slackware on Thursday 21 Nov 2002. [...]

Hi Phil,

Thanks a lot for the kind words!  You made my day.  :-)  I'm always happy
to hear from folks like you, because these days there's a lot of pressure
to dumb things down in the name of "user-friendliness", or to add
Slackware specific setup scripts for everything (or even GUI driven
configuration), and I've always been a real fan of the command line and
like to know my OS isn't configuring things improperly behind my back.
Knowing others feel the same makes it easier to keep doing what I think it
the right thing.  :-)

Hope you have a great holiday season and new year!

Take care,

Pat
--

Phil