[Malvern] CUPS setting up.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 21 14:39:38 GMT 2005

You may remember that I could use CUPS fine on all GNU  programmes, but not
on  the  KDE ones.

Well, I cracked it.  I went into Synaptic and had a look at which GNU,  and
which KDE  packages were installed.

Setting up  via localhost:631 only works if the appropriate packages are in
place.  I installed the missing KDE-cups file,  and all went ahead.

I can now print from either browser  (Konqueror or Mozilla),  and directly
from Kmail without an intermediate  print.pdf file.

Currently  looking at file servers -  always something to learn.

Looking forward to the curry night.

Geoff.