[Malvern] eSpeak

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 4 20:36:25 GMT 2006

http://espeak.sourceforge.net/languages.html

Hi Guys and Cheryl

This is a bit of a plug.  The above project is a TTS - text to speech -
engine which is endeavouring to create voices that sound like the natively
spoken word.

The guy who is running this is, I believe, UK English so this may explain
why he has already developed a Brummie and Geordie engine!

However, as you will see he's looking for native speakers to help out in a
number of different languages.  To this extent, Geoff do you know anyone on
Linux who is natively Welsh spoken who might like to participate?

OK, end of plug .... mind you I can't imagine a PC talking with a Geordie
accent - way-aye man!  (well, it sounds right when you say it fast)

See you all tomorrow at the GMH

Ian