[Malvern] Help!!

Steve Cashmore mlug at cashmore.me.uk
Thu Dec 14 20:42:47 GMT 2006

Richard Forster wrote:

> Steve Cashmore wrote:
>> Yum got me 330Mb of updates (this is a minimum X install!) and I am
>> now up and running.  Now I just need to install some compiler packages
>> and I'm away.
> Fedora is not a slow moving target, I just had 40MB of updates today on
> the iMac. I last updated it 2 or 3 days ago.
>
> Then yum update was run and 280MB of package updates took about 2
> minutes to complete on these new xeons. Neat!

Uhmm!  Yes 2 minutes for a 280Mb update *is* pretty neat!

I need the FC6 install on the desktop machine to maintain some packages
for a painfully slow and constrained embedded FC6 system that simply
hasn't the practical capacity or time in the day to perform itself.

I have a customised kernel to suit the rather strange non-standard
hardware and CPU and I've given up waiting for a compile to complete on
the embedded device.
I did try and persuade them to let me replace the semi real-time system
with a proper QNX one, but they wouldn't go for it.

Cheers,
--
Steve