[Malvern] That SPA921 again !

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 23 11:22:42 GMT 2007

Hi Chris - I haven't heard much from you recently - I hope you are OK.

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
> So you've got two systems using the same service, one of which works, the
> other of which doesn't?  Use wireshark on your PC to see at which point in
> the protocol it fails.

Hi Chris - thanks for that one - another line to pursue.
>> I have been  trying to keep  the SIP-phone  separate from the main host.
>>

> Why?

Because ultimately I have to set up another one  where the computer runs
Windows,  and I know nothing about that !
It will have just a router/ADSL modem.  It will also be in Ireland !Any
further hints most gratefully awaited !
>> Does anyone use H323 ?
>>

> I've no idea what Skype uses.  Possibly h323 but probably proprietary.

Skype is certainly proprietary and  incompatible with all the other VoIP
systems.
One of my ham-radio friend has a home-brew VoIP working.  They have to
e-mail the IP address first.

All the very best to you and any  other readers.

Geoff