[Newark] Linux (Ubuntu) Graphics Tablets

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 13:34:40 BST 2008

Hey Dean,

GIMP is a fairly powerful raster graphics editor - if you're willing
to put the time into learning its interface you can use it to do quite
a lot. If you would prefer something more like Photoshop in outward
appearance - you could try krita, a KDE application which I hear is
good for a lot of things.

I would recommend learning GIMP, though - personally I think it's the
best Free Software product of that type out there. Unfortunately, for
the last 4 minutes I've been searching for a good gallery of artwork
made in the GIMP... fail.

If you aren't concerned about the freedom side of things - and you
don't get on with those two, there is a proprietary program called
Pixel. I only know of it's name, if you would like to find out more
about it go to http://www.kanzelsberger.com/pixel/?page_id=12

Saying that, I have heard people rave about Paint.NET being good. You
can run this via Mono, the Open Source implementation of the Microsoft
.net framework. And Paint.NET is, incidentally, distributed under a
free software license.

Chris Hayes