[Nottingham] Upgrade questions

Paul Sladen nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 11 11:25:00 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, BUNTER MATTHEW wrote:
> I've got a little Libretto

Yes, I have one of these--gorgeous aren't they!  Is it a 100CT/110CT?

> Can I just use the latest rpm of an already installed package?

I would guess so, libc and the kernel-specific utilities are about the only
things that are going to care what version of kernel they are talking to.

(The ``don't know'' is in regard to Red Hat, not used it!... ;-)

> works with the 2.4 kernel but I'll be using a 2.2 kernel (no I don't
> want to put 2.4 on the Libretto - I have had problems in the past).

Yes, it can be a right b*tch.  The PCMCIA/PCI bridge is completely
undocumented (and completely unique to the Librettos, along with the
FIR driver).  I was running 2.2 after I couldn't get the 2.4 hotplug
card to work with CardBus (32-bit) PC cards.

On the other hand, Phil Hands (aka `ftp.uk.debian.org') has been running
incarnation of 2.4 of his for a long time.

Sorry I can't help further, mine is currently is pieces as a couple of
months ago I decided to hack the casing to add an internal PS/2 connector
(I use a Happy Hacking keyboard alot)... and I've just never got around to
finishing the job (it is *extremely* fine soldering work).

	-Paul
--
Nottingham, GB