NLUG Links page (Was: [Nottingham] Basford Nottingham computer shop)

paul nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 11:10:01 2003

> but     http://www.rydertech.co.uk/
> 	would not (sorry) because as it stands the hardware is a side-line for a company
> 	whose main business does not (obviously) promote the use of free software and
> 	might draw business away from those who do.

Surely not!

Rydertech should qualify as we supply and support custom linux firewall
solutions to business. (That is promoting Linux in good light - I think)
  Do you know how hard it actually is to sell a large organisation
anything that is not 'doze related?

Why not promote local businesses that will setup and support Linux
solutions?

We (me and a mate who run the company) - are new to Linux but that
doesnt mean that we should be discounted because we havent supplied
anyone with a bit of cheap memory ;)

I guess I need to update the site to reflect this - and will when when I
have a free moment. Its a bit tucked away at the moment but there
certainly is reference to what we do with linux at the mo. (not least
administering our web server!)

Cheers
Paul