[Nottingham] SuSE 8.2 install problems

Martin Clough nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 22:12:10 2003

Derek Huskisson wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 04:51, Mike wrote:
>> On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 01:38, Scott Bennett wrote:
>>> Martin Clough wrote:

[boot problem snipped]

Thanks to everyone who replied.

> Hello Martin
> If you want to restore the XP boot-up then you will need your XP
> install CD (if Bill Gates has let you have one.)
>   Boot up from this and select r (for recovery) when you get your
> first  menu.

I think this is what I need to do.  However, bill (or sony) did not let me
have a boot
disk, just some crappy recovery CDs.  Sony support say that I have no option
but
to recover the whole system from these CDs!

I'm tempted, therefore, to try to install LILO or GRUB onto the hard disk,
with
windows as the default (for the other family members, you understand!).

Martin Clough