[Nottingham] Re: Debian keymaps (was: NLUG Links page (Was: ...))

Derek Huskisson nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 30 08:04:01 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 09:53, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Paul Sladen wrote:
>=20
> > On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> > > by the way, have any Debian users found a keymap which fixes
> > > the <shift>-3 problem (ie. generates a #\n rather than =A3 ) ?
> >
> > Do you have a US keyboard setup as UK (or vis versa).
> >
> > Try something like:
> >
> >   # loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.kmap.gz
> >
>=20
> Been there done it no worked :(
> It afflict both my debian testing boxes.  I cannot remember if
> it happens on my stable box.
>=20
> Have fun,
> Duncan

Hello
	Have use tried 'setfont' ?
On the system I'm on at the moment (non-debian) the default font gives a
'u' character for 'shift-3'
I do a 'setfont iso09**' to get sterling signs where ** is the fontsize.

The console fonts are usually in /usr/share/consolefonts.

But for obvious reasons don't play  with this on a working server ;)
At least until you're happy.
			Bye

--=20
Derek Huskisson <derek@huskisson.free-online.co.uk>