[Nottingham] The Vole seeks help !

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Fri Dec 19 22:04:51 GMT 2003

I'd check the headers of the mail, and assume it is false.

Points to consider being:

1 ) Why would Micro$oft publicly ask Linux for help. If they need
something they buy it. For instance they would buy Red Hat with pocket
change. They do have more money than god. Asking for help would be a PR
nightmare.

2 ) Why would they ask a small LUG in the UK, when they could talk to
something like BALUG in california which has literally hundreds of
active members.

3 ) Has your LUG done anything to distinguish itself in networks? ie. is
someone like Donald Becker or Paul Vixie in your LUG

Looking at it in that light, well, thats my opinion anyway (dont take
this as putting down your LUG, teh same could be said for pretty much
any LUG).

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 19:44, .waffle wrote:
> One way to find out... Tell him that you will gladly help, if he gets
> Microsoft to acknowledge in public that the Linux community has personally
> helped Microsoft even though they are a competitor. Meanwhile, spread the
> word through the press they're afraid and are secretly asking for help...
> The tabloids will love it ;)
>

> .waffle / SDK
> Matthew Walster
> Loughborough University, UK